Course Learning Outcomes
A bachelor’s degree course in Computer Science, B.Sc. (Computer Networking) (Honours) is aimed to produce highly knowledgeable and skillful graduates in the field of information technology and communication. Graduates are competent in advanced specialized knowledge and skill in analyzing, developing, installing, administrating, servicing, and controlling computer and communication network system.
The graduates can be employed in the government and private sectors as well as undertaking business ventures of their own. The positions suitable for the graduates including Information System Executive, System Analyst, Computer Security Executive, Network Project Administrator, Network Programmer and Network Engineer.
The aim of FTMK to conduct the Bachelor of Computer Science (Computer Networking) programme is to produce students with the following characteristics:
- Able to implement knowledge learnt in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Able to analyze, create and develop ICT applications.
- Able to analyze, create, assemble, configure, implement, manage, maintain and administer network infrastructure and security.
- Able to develop advance computer network applications.
- Able to obtain recognition from professional bodies.
- Able to solve problems critically and creatively, and are able to communicate effectively.
- Able to contribute individual or group skills in various disciplines and domains.
- Able to reflect high self esteem, strong ethics, moral values, leadership and entrepreneurship skills.
- Able to perform continuous self learning to obtain knowledge and skills.