Course Learning Outcomes
The learning objectives of this course is to produce knowledgeable and highly skilled graduates in the field of information and communication technology. Graduates pursuing the program are equipped with the in-depth knowledge and specialized skills in database management area. This includes the ability to analyze, design, develop program using structured programming method, manage and maintain database system which could meet the industrial needs in the field. Students should be able to develop data mining application with required security standard to protect the system database.
Graduates specialized in Database Management have the opportunity to work such as Database System Administrator and Database Designer. They also could work as System Programmer, Information System Officer and System Analyst. The graduates also have the opportunity to further up their studies in Master and Doctorate level.
Bachelor of Computer Science (Database Management ) programme at FTMK intended to produce graduates with the following characteristics:
- Able to implement knowledge learned in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Able to analyze, create and develop ICT applications.
- Able to develop database by applying database concept using latest.
- Able to develop database application with standard security measures.
- Able to administer and maintain database according to the standard procedure and policy.
- Able to solve problems in creative way and able to communicate effectively.
- Able to contribute individually or in a team in various discipline and domain.
- Able to lead with ethics and have entrepreneurship skills.
- Able to continue learning independently in the acquisition of new knowledge and skill.