The Diploma in Computer Science programme deals with designing innovative methodologies and sophisticated tools for developing software systems. Students are exposed to various techniques of analysing user requirements and specifications, as well as the design and implementation of software systems. Some of the core courses include object-oriented programming, database systems, software engineering and introduction to multimedia.
There is a wide range of career opportunities in the field of computer science and information technology available for graduates of Diploma in Computer Science. Among the career opportunities are:
- Programmers/Analyst Programmers/Multimedia Programmers.
- Network Administrators.
- Software Developers.
- Any Computer Science-related positions.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
The aim of the Diploma in Computer Science programme is to produce students with the following characteristics:
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of a broad range of complex technical and theoretical knowledge and skills to address issues in the Computer Science discipline.
- Graduates should be able to evaluate general concepts, theories and operational principles of computer science to solve issues and problems in a critical and creative way.
- Graduates should be able to apply appropriate practical skills, essential tools, methods and procedures to perform required tasks in computing practices and processes.
- Graduates should be able to interact effectively, individually or as members of a team with supervisors, peers and subordinates through clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate skills to use a range of digital applications and interpret numerical, graphical or visual data related to study or work.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate leadership to manage diverse teams and perform work with a significant degree of personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate self-improvement initiatives for independent learning and engage in activities relating to entrepreneurship.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate an ability to understand and comply with organizational and professional ethics in the work environment.