Here are the questions frequently asked by FTMK’s portal visitors.
1. What is FTMK UTeM?
FTMK UTeM is an abbreviation for Fakulti Teknologi Maklumat dan Komunikasi Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka. The Faculty was part of Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka established on December 2000 under Section 20 of the University and University College Act 1971 (Act 30).
2. Where is the campus of FTMK, UTeM?
FTMK UTeM is located in the green surroundings of UTeM Main Campus at Durian Tunggal, approximately 3 minutes from the Ayer Keroh Toll. The 766-acre Main Campus is expected to be completed by 2010 with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. The City Campus is located at Hang Tuah Street which is in the heart of Malacca City and the Industry Campus which is located in the industrial area at Ayer Keroh.
3. What are the advantages of studying in FTMK?
As a leading creative and innovative centre of excellence in ICT education, research and services, we produce highly competent professionals in the field of Information and Communications Technology through a world-class quality technical education based on application-oriented teaching, learning and research with smart university-industry partnership in line with the country’s aspiration.
4. What types of academic programmes are offered?
FTMK offers academic programmes at diploma, bachelor, master, Doctor of IT and PhD levels specialising in ICT-related areas including Software Engineering, Database Management, Artificial intelligence, Interactive Media, Games, Computer Networking and Network Security.
5. How many programs are there at FTMK?
There are 16 programmes offered by FTMK including a Diploma in Information and Communication Technology, Bachelor of Information Technology (Game Technology), Bachelor of Computer Science (Computer Security), Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Development), Bachelor of Computer Science (Interactive Media), Bachelor of Computer Science (Database Management), Bachelor of Computer Science (Computer Networking), Bachelor of Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), Master Program by Taught Course, Master Program by Research and PhD.
6. What about the short courses?
They are divided into two; ICT Courses and Research Courses, including Multimedia, Programming and Office Desktop Courses.
7. What about the Professional courses?
This professional certificate will be an added value and increase employability among graduates.
Listed are the professional certificates for each undergraduate programme.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Professional |Certificate Preparation : Year 1 Special Semester
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security Professional | Certificate Preparation : Year 3 Special Semester
- Database Foundations Certified Junior Associate | Year 2 Semester 1 Java
- Foundation Certified Junior Associate | Year 2 Semester 2 Preparation for
- RapidMiner Analyst Professional Certificate | Year 2 Special Semester Web
- Developer Professional Certificate (HTML5) | Year 3 Semester 1
8. What facilities are provided?
As part of the University, FTMK aims to have a campus conducive to learning and living. Among the facilities provided around FTMK are hostels, library, Cyber Hall, Cafeteria, Sports Complex, shuttle service, mosque, and so forth. All the facilities provided are not only in relation to student capacity and needs but also teaching and learning requirements.
9. How ask for further related to Undergraduate Studies?
Administration Officer, Faculty of Information & Communication Technology Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka Phone: +606 270 1338 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How ask for further related to Postgraduate Studies?
Centre for Graduate Studies
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
Phone: +606-331 6768